Vodafone Graduate Career Profile
A bit about us
Vodafone made the UK’s first mobile call at a few minutes past midnight on 1 January 1985. Within fifteen years, the network was the largest company in Europe and the largest of its kind anywhere in the world. Today, Vodafone UK has over 19 million customers and is part of the wider Vodafone global mobile community offering voice and data communications products and services in more than 30 countries to over 404 million people.
Why you should join Vodafone
Joining a Vodafone graduate programme means you’ll be joining one of the world’s top 10 companies. How far and how fast you progress is up to you. If you’re ambitious with plenty of ideas and personality, you’ll be working with exciting technology and inspiring people on some of the biggest projects around.
Discover Graduate Programme:
• You’ll start by spending time in a retail or contact centre team to find out what makes our customers tick
• Then you’ll have three placements across commercially-focused areas such as Consumer, Corporate Functions (including HR and Finance), Customer Operations, Enterprise and Technology
• And finally, you’ll choose a placement in an area you’d like to work in
Discover Technology Programme:
• You’ll begin by spending time in a retail or contact centre team to get under the skin of what our customers want
• Then you’ll go on to complete three placements in IT Delivery, Service Operations and our Networks team
• After this, it’ll be a placement in an area of your choice – Radio Networks, Technology Security or Operations
• Plus the chance to gain international experience in countries such as India or Portugal
A bit about you
We want motivated people who can quickly get to grips with the way we do things and use their initiative and confidence to develop better ways of working. You’ll need leadership potential, resilience, adaptability, commercial awareness and innovative thinking that adds value to our business.
Our graduate programmes are ideally suited to those with little or no experience and an interest in Telecommunications. You will have or are expecting a 2:1 in your degree (in any subject), or a merit in your postgraduate degree. For our Discover Technology Programme you need to have studied Computer Science, Engineering or a technical based degree.
What you can expect in return
You’ll get a very competitive salary, a one-off welcome payment of £500, a laptop, phone and company discounts as well as development support throughout the duration of the programme.
To find out more or to apply for one of our programmes, visit vodafone.co.uk/ukgraduatecareers
• Rewards – including a competitive salary, a one-off welcome payment of £500 in your first month’s salary, as well as plenty of benefits like a laptop and mobile phone
• Career development support
• Great discounts locally (and from us)
• The opportunity for the best people to secure roles at the end of the programme
- Discover Graduate Programme 2013
- Discover Technology Programme 2013
Preferred Candidate Competencies
- Applied Thinking
- Drive (ownership)
- Passion for Innovation
- Solutions focus
Vodafone Application Process
- Application Form
- Psychometric Test
- Telephone Interview
- Assessment Centre
- Offer Made
To find out more or to apply for a scheme, visit Vodafone.
Applying to Vodafone?